Almost all of the greatest performers in the world have suffered from stage fright at some point or other. All of us have witnessed or experienced stage anxiety at some point of time; whether it was the nursery play or the performance of a life time.
Often the most common ways to deal with this performance anxiety are the following ingenious ways:
- Relax the body: It is best advised to relax the body so that it calms the nerves down.
- Practice your performance: It is always advised to practice the performance as it can bring forth subtle confidence.
- Consume a banana: Consumption of a banana lowers the nauseous or churning feeling in the stomach.
- Chewing gum: It can divulge the mind easily from random thoughts. Chewing gum for a bit can ease tension.
- Meditation: It is one of the easiest ways to settle the mind in the right course. A few minutes spared in this process can benefit the mind of the performer..
- Avoid caffeine: This is thoroughly advised a sit can instigate the nerve cells of the performer even further.
- Exercise: Many famous musicians follow up this approach as physical exertion tends to bring positivity before a stage performance.
- Laughter is the best therapy: It is indeed true as laughter can prove to lighten the spirit and mood of the performer.
The above methods don’t offer a permanent solution for stage fright. In case, the above methods fail or do not prove to be effective then the results can be disastrous as fear can then take dominance. Once this type of fear successfully cripples a person for the first time; it will attack again and again for worse. Such will be the vulnerability of a person that he will suffer from it again and again.